Friday, January 28, 2005

Reading is a great alternative to sex

Well it is finally Friday. Last night I cleaned my apartment and played with my baby girl. I slept really good. Before bed I have started reading. I am currently reading "Straight Talking" by Jane Green.
Here is a summary of the book - Meet Tasha—single and still searching. A producer for Britain’s most popular morning show working under a nightmare boss, Tash is well-versed in the trials and tribulations of twenty-first century dating. She and her three best friends certainly haven’t lived the fairy tale they thought they would: there’s Andy, who’s hooked on passion, but too much of a tomboy to have moved much beyond the beer-drinking contest stage; Mel, stuck in a steady but loveless relationship; and Emma, endlessly waiting for her other half to propose. Their love lives are only complicated by the sort of men who seem to drift in and out: Andrew—suave, good-looking and head over heels in love . . . with himself; Simon, who is allergic to commitment but has a bad-boy nature that’s impossible to resist; and Adam—perfectly attractive, but too sweet to be sexy.
“Any woman who’s suffered a relationship trauma, or simply lost her way in the confusion of modern life, will die for this book . . . Wickedly funny, it may not improve your love life, but it will make you squeal with laughter.” —Cosmopolitan
Straight Talking is a great book for the single women. I highly recommend it. I might have to go buy it for my girlfriends. It has a "Sex in the City" feel. I loved that show when it was running on HBO. I have always wanted a group of girls like that. To talk about experiences and thoughts on life. Of course a lot of the conversation would be about men. But it would be fun.
Christina just had the date from hell, but Mara had the best date so far. I haven't been on a date yet, but hopefully it will be a good experience. Oh don't get me wrong, I have been on a lunch date with my m-m, but not a real date.
By the way why is it so hard to not talk to someone. It would be different if they make you mad, or you had been able to move or something, but I have tried to not talk to m-m and I just can do it. I look forward to each time and everytime I talk to him. And yes, I have called him as much as he has called me since the breakup, but I can't help it. He came over the other morning and brought me a latte, which is one of the sweetest things on my list. I am not much of morning person, but he seems to cheer me up in all the different ways. I know, "Self, what the heck are you doing?And I can hear Christina and Mara say " Ellie, this isn't good!" But m-m and me are friends also. I am positive that it will end one day. Not sure when, but I will be ok. I promise.
Well not too many plans tonight, going to order a pizza and get some corona lights. Both two of my favorite things. I have my babygirl tonight so nothing too crazy.
I do have plans to go out with a girlfriend tomorrow night. I haven't been out with her in a long time. Rebecca is a great girl who also does my hair. She does a great job. And if you were a hairdresser and you saw my hair you would probably run. It is naturally curly and long. But Rebecca does a outstanding job in making me look beautiful! Well it is her birthday on Saturday and we will be going dancing. Which is one of my favorite things to do. So I am excited. I have Grandma Kathy coming over to watch baby girl for a couple hours so I can go out and play.
Have I told you lately how I am really digging these girl nights! When I was married I didn't realize how important girlfriends are. Now that I am single, they are oh so important. And I plan to keep it that way. Plus the new ones I have met, make me think that I have missed out on alot over the years.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are still plenty of good ones out there. You need to free yourself of the m-m, so you'll be ready when one appears.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Dagny said...

"Straight Talking" was a fun read. I'd have to recommend Jane Green's other books too, especially "Jemima J."

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home