Friday, January 06, 2006

Some thoughts ~

Sex in the City
Ok, first off, this is one of my favorite shows. There are so many levels that this show relates to my life and thinking. The topic last night was " In a city full of so many expectations, do people just settle in relationships?" Can you really have it all? Or do people just settle to settle.
I can relate, I have dated different men and obvouisly most of all of them weren't the right one. The whole picture wasn't complete. I settled with my ex-husband, and that got me no where except a divorce. A great quote from Carrie (sara jessica parker) -

Later that day I got to thinking about relationships. There are those that open you up to something new and exotic, those that are old and familiar, those that bring up lots of questions, those that bring you somewhere unexpected, those that bring you far from where you started, and those that bring you back. But the most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone to love the you you love, well, that's just fabulous.

This is what I hope for.

After a while, you just want to be with the one who makes you laugh.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love love love that show! I'm a newbie - meaning I never had HBO until recently so I'm watching them all on demand now for the first time. Best show ever!

I hope you girls have a good night out tonight. I'm spending some time with Brent tonight - it's been a crazy horrible week, so we're cooking dinner and staying in. =)

I WILL be there with you girls next time though!

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home