Friday, October 07, 2005

The weekend is here!

We are finally having a decent weather weekend here. It's turtleneck, open the windows, drink warm cider on the back stoop kind of weather. I love it. I love wearing layers. I love sleeping with blankets and waking up in a cold room. There is nothing like cuddling in bed with my suede down comforter on a Saturday morning and watching my little girl walk in the room with her footy jammas saying "Good Morning momma."
I love fresh apples, fresh apple juice, apple cobbler, and pumpkin bread. I love the smell of autumn, especially when the leaves turn a deep color and as I walk they crunch under my feet. I love seeing pumkins and cornstalks on everyone's porch. It is the time of the year when you reflect when you were a kid. It was chilly out, but you didn't care! You still wore three layers to keep warm, just so you could play outside and jump into that pile of leaves that mom and dad had just put together in a pile. Or go and meet your friends for a little two-touch football.
For some reason most of my childhood memories are around the autumn season. So I plan to do the same for my little girl.
Dan and I plan to take Keira to Greenbluff on Sunday ... and buy fresh cider ... buy a pumpkin or two... and just do the simple things that bring such a smile to my little girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home